Calliope is a free and open-source (Apache 2.0 licensed) tool that makes it easy to build energy system models at scales ranging from urban districts to entire continents.
- For a quick intro see “Why Calliope?” below and the quick start section on the support page.
- Read our online documentation or peruse the model gallery.
- See the installation instructions to get Calliope running on your computer.
- Ask questions and discuss on our Gitter chat (see support page for more options).
- Calliope has been used in numerous publications. Please cite it appropriately if you use it.
- Development takes place in the open on GitHub.
- 30 Jun 2021
- 12 Oct 2020
- 15 Jan 2020
Easy-to-use building blocksBuilding a model is easy using Calliope's flexible text-based model definition format. The example shows the definition of a basic CCGT power plant. See example model tutorial.
ccgt: essentials: name: 'Combined Cycle Gas Power Plant' color: '#FDC97D' parent: 'supply' carrier_out: 'electricity' constraints: resource: inf energy_cap_max: 40000 # kW energy_ramping: 0.8 costs: monetary: energy_cap: 750 # USD per kW om_con: 0.02 # USD per kWh